OTR Company Drivers get miles and respect, without the lip service.
We’re different and we like that. Our drivers do too.
Nussbaum Transportation Services was founded in 1945, with a single truck by Alden Nussbaum. Over the last 70 years, we’ve been building solid relationships with people and we owe our success to the quality of our drivers. Our hiring philosophy, and the reason so many drivers stay with us, is that we give you the most accurate picture of what driving for Nussbaum looks like from day one, ensuring there are no surprises and that we never fall short of your expectations.
Nussbaum Transportation have been name a winner of the Truckload Carriers Association’s (TCA) Best Fleets to Drive For contest!
Weekly and Bi-Weekly Home Time Positions
If hired in our Primary Hiring Area, you can expect to get home weekly. However, you can also expect to spend two consecutive weeks away from the house about 4-6 times in a year.
Our Extended Hiring Area offers routes that get you home about every other week. After running two weeks out, you can expect solid home time with 48 hours minimum. Also, you choose the arrival day - Friday or Saturday - and we’ll do our best to make it happen.
Take advantage of the recent improvements we’ve made for our drivers:
- $.02/mile increase
- Pay detention after 1 hour
- Reimburse for all paid parking
- Pay practical miles door-to-door
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
We believe that the best drivers on the road deserve a smarter pay scale that gets them the most money for their mileage. We pay by practical miles rather than short miles and we bring it when it comes to accessorial pay and bonuses. We’ve been recognized as a Top Pay Carrier for offering a compensation package that ranks in the top 20% of the industry. Beyond great pay, we make sure our drivers get top-of-the-line equipment, high-tech maintenance, and new-model trucks. Nussbaum has been selected as a Best Fleet to Drive For within the industry six years in a row, and we were recognized as the Best Overall Fleet to Drive For in the Small Carrier category for 2019. All of these accolades are a testament to how we treat our drivers, which includes benefits such as:
- Home most weekends – it’s one of our top priorities
- Guaranteed weekly minimum paychecks
- Late-model trucks with the comforts of home built-in
- Major medical, dental and vision health benefits
- Short-term disability & life insurance benefits
- Rider program
- Escalating paid time off & holidays
- Company-matched 401K retirement plan
- Minimum age - 21
- 1-year verifiable experience and fewer than 3 jobs in past 12 months (exception - closures and/or job elimination)
- No more than 3 moving violations or preventable accidents in past 3 years
- Zero serious moving violations in the last 5 years (DUI, reckless driving, fatal accidents, or driving CMV without appropriate CDL)
- Excessive speeding - ZERO violations 15MPH over the speed limit in the last 3 years
- License suspension for moving violation - zero for last 3 years
- Drug / Alcohol - no positive or test refusal for 7 years
- Pre-hire DAC background check performed
Ready to Run with a ‘Best Fleets to Drive for’ Company?
Call a recruiter today for more details at 866-411-0464
or apply directly at https://nussbaumdrivingcareers.com/truck_driving_jobs/?source_id=truck_driving_jobs