Shaffer Trucking was founded in 1937 in New Kingstown, Pennsylvania. In 1974, Shaffer Trucking joined the Crete Carrier family, becoming one of the nation’s premier providers of temperature-sensitive truckload services. Today, Shaffer is one of the nation's largest refrigerated transportation fleets and is proud to be the leading transportation supplier to the candy, confection, and beverage industries - delivering more candy than any other carrier.
Shaffer Trucking also leads the industry in CSA scores, exceeding standards required by the U.S. Department of Transportation. As a result, Shaffer employs some of the industry’s best truck drivers. We average 7% more miles than the industry. Plus, with the recent pay raise, OTR drivers now start out earning $.47 - $.53 per practical mile and receive a full benefits package. The Top 25% of our OTR Drivers average over $76,000 annually. It’s no wonder we’ve been in business for 80 years. Apply now at ShafferJobs.com or call us at (888) 700-9397!
Now $.47 to $.53 Per Practical Mile
We believe that drivers deserve more in 2018. That’s why Shaffer Trucking is starting the year off with a pay raise for its OTR National Fleet. Effective January 1, 2018, you could be earning $.47 to $.53 per practical mile. The top 25% of our drivers average more than $76,000 per year!
You deserve more out of your career.
Pay & Benefits
- Start out earning $.47 - $.53 per practical mile
- The Top 25% of our OTR Drivers average over $76,000 annually
- Drivers can now cruise at 65 mph
- GUARANTEED Detention Pay
- Full Driver Benefits Package – Health from BCBS of Nebraska, Vision, Dental, Life and 401(k)
- Profit Sharing Opportunities – In 2017, we contributed $8 million towards employee profit-sharing!
- Pet Policy
- No-Cost Rider Policy
- Industry Leading CSA Scores
- Average Equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
- Military Apprenticeship Program approved by the VA
- Minimum 22 Years of Age
- Stable & Verifiable Work History
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Valid Class A CDL
- Minimum of 4 Months of OTR Experience *
- No alcohol-related offenses or positive drug screens in the past five years
* Some area restrictions apply
Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has a 75-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation’s largest, privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight, and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionary industry.
Shaffer Trucking continues to prove itself as a solid employer. As one of the industry leaders in retention, drivers typically stay with Shaffer, Crete, and Hunt three times longer than the competition. Much of this success is due to the continued efforts to ensure drivers have the miles they want to make and the good living that they deserve. Experience the open road and earn Top Pay while doing it.For more information about this position or other positions with Shaffer Trucking, please contact our recruiting department today at (888) 700-9397 or visit us online at ShafferJobs.com.