At West Side Transport, we work hard to exceed customer expectations in a safe, time-efficient and mutually profitable manner. We work to fulfill our mission of providing total quality service to our customers through teamwork, innovation, integrity, hard work and partnering.
Our commitment to service is reflected in every aspect of our business:
- We hire and retain only safe, service-oriented drivers and office personnel.
- We compensate our employees at the high end of the industry pay level.
- We operate late-model, state-of-the-industry semi tractors and trailers to maximize customer and driver satisfaction.
- Our quality equipment maintenance minimizes equipment related service failures.
- We invest in proven technologies to maximize paperless transaction processing with customers.
Midwest regional is for the solo driver that wants to still make a good living driving tractor trailer, but requires a little bit more home time. The position is 5 days out with weekly home time or two night’s home in your bed. Base pay is determined by how many months experience you are hired with. We also have several accessorial pays that could jump your pay per mile by an additional $.10 to $.13 per mile. All drivers starting as an MWR driver will receive a $100 a week in Transition Pay for 25 weeks for a grand total of $2,500!
Make as much as $.52 to $.62/CPM
Pay Commitment is West Side Transport’s pledge to our drivers that they will earn no less than $900 to $1,100 a week. Drivers no longer need to stress out over their weekly check with our Minimum Pay Commitment. West Side Transport wants to make sure you bring home a great income to support you and your family. Remember the $900 to $1,100 a week is a MINIMUM and you will have every opportunity to make more!
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Minimum Experience recent driving school graduates
- Pass pre-employment drug screening, physical, and job task analysis.
- Complete pre-employment interviewing procedures and driver orientation sessions.
- Ability to perform simple math calculations with mental ability to handle and read receipts, maps, signs and maintain logs and records.
- Ability to operate vehicle safety and control systems.
- Ability to communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and load securing.
- Operates mainly in Midwest
- Professional driver will typically be out 5 days home weekly
- Operates mainly Midwest, Northeast and some Southeast
- Driver will typically be out 12-14 days in major freight lanes; 14 days in less traveled lanes. Other home areas will be determined on an individual basis.
Our Drivers Enjoy:
- Rider policy
- Weekly payroll
- “We Are Family” Program
- Fitness facility at corporate Cedar Rapids office
- Company store
- Driver Mentor Program
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance available
- Flexible spending account: medical & dependent care
- $25,000 free coverage
- Supplemental up to $300,000
- Clarion (Cedar Rapids, IA) Sleep Inn (Lansing, IL)
- Free continental breakfast
- Lunch provided
- Great education
We provide late model, state-of-the-industry semi tractors and trailers to maximize every truck driver’s satisfaction.
- 2013 Volvo’s
- 2013 Freightliner – Cascadia
- 2014 Volvo’s
- 2015 International – Prostar
- 2015 Cascadia