CDL Driver and General Warehouse
Date: Jun 13, 2017
Company: Composites One
Location: Santa Fe Springs, California
About Our Organization
Composites One LLC is a family-owned distributor with over 60 years of composites experience. Our network of 38 local distribution centers is dedicated to serving the composites manufacturing industry. With more than 30,000 products from over 400 supplier partners reaching over 9,000 customers, Composites One is the leading distributor of composites materials in North America. Visit us at www.compositesone.com.
This position is a blend of a Warehouse role and CDL Driver. This individual will work in our warehouse, but will also have some driving responsibilities. It is an ideal role for an individual who has a background as a CDL driver, but wants to spend evenings and weekends at home and does not want to be on the road all the time. This would be a wonderful opportunity for candidates who seek variety in their day to day work.
Responsible for the accurate receipt, shipment, and storage of materials according to all established Company and regulatory policies and procedures
Responsible for accurately and professionally transporting and delivering hazardous and non-hazardous materials in a safe and compliant manner
Must comply with all applicable Federal, State, local and Company rules and regulations
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Current Class A CDL drivers license with the following endorsements: general knowledge, air brakes and combination vehicle.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience with operating tractor/trailer equipment.
- Experience delivering hazardous materials is preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of OSHA requirements, safety awareness and hazardous material shipping is required.
- Ability to pass all of the DOT driver qualification standards.
- No serious traffic violations in the last 3 years; this would include NEVER being convicted of the following: reckless/careless driving; driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs; hit & run, leaving the scene of an accident or failure to report an accident; excessive speeding 20 mph or more over the posted limits.
- Ability to independently lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for entire length of shift; regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl; may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- Ability to reach, grasp, push and pull with hands and arms.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus; hand-eye coordination.
- May be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- Noise level is moderate to loud.
- This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday; typical hours vary by location.
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401K Plan with Company Match and Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other protected classification as defined by applicable law and regulation.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please contact the ADA Coordinator by email at ADACoordinator@compositesone.com.