Class "A" CDL Driver
Date: Jun 16, 2017
Company: American Furniture Warehouse
Location: Englewood, Colorado
American Furniture Warehouse
by Mike Rangel
At American Furniture Warehouse we pride ourselves on our ability to offer value and service to our customers. When you join AFW you become part of a professional, customer service oriented company. AFW is seeking highly motivated, energetic, hardworking candidates to join our team.
AFW offers highly competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401k, medical, dental, vision and a host of voluntary programs including life insurance, and disability all at affordable rates.
American Furniture Warehouse is currently seeking qualified Class A CDL DRIVERS. If you would like to have a career in the transportation industry you can be proud of, we have multiple positions open! AFW has experienced an extreme amount of growth in recent years and our fleet of over 120 trucks is growing even larger. At AFW the number one concern truly is safety and compliance, and we are looking for drivers who believe in the same.
- Must have a CDL with at least one year of local/OTR experience with similar equipment.
- 6 Months of recent over the road class A experience
- Must live within 150 Miles of Denver area, or east of Idaho Springs, CO
- No major FMCSA violations
- Clean MVR with no at fault D.O.T reportable accidents with in the last three years
- Must be able to maintain a CDL.
- HOME WEEKLY!
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Able to perform vehicle pre-trips up to FMCSA standards.
- Compensating starts at .38 CPM and $20 per stop (About $60-$80 per trip)
- Average of $60,000 or more your first year!
- Most inbound loads are drop and hook.
- No-touch freight and loads are pre-planned in advance
- Dogs are allowed as long as tractor is kept clean and odor free, no cats
- Stop pay, detention and layover pay
- Ability to operate Electronic Qualcomm Log System
- Drive and operate vehicle under 15 mph in and around the warehouse, storage lot, and staging area
- Must be willing to chain up during severe weather
- Must be aware that operations occur on asphalt, concrete and gravel surfaces in a hostile environment often contaminated with material subject to embedding in tires.
- Must function and interact on a routine basis with the AFW management team.
- Communicate using cellular telephone with dispatch and AFW personnel.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision
- Able to have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- All training provided by AFW
- Vacation time available after one year of employment.
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and a host of other voluntary benefits available 1st day of the month following 60 days of employment
- Requires the ability to maneuver in confined and at times congested areas
- Requires the ability to climb in and out the van daily.
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Over The Road driving requires sitting, lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping up to 14 hours or more daily.
Physical Work Environment:
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate effected by outside conditions including but not limited to extreme heat/cold.
- Considerable exterior/interior noise
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.