Date: Oct 11, 2017
Location: Joliet, Illinois
PeroxyChem is a global leader in peroxygen and adjacent chemistries. The company employs approximately 500 people throughout the world, with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. With an unyielding commitment to safety at its core and backed by an exceptional team, the company prides itself on exemplary customer service, product quality, reliability and technical service. PeroxyChem manufactures high quality products and innovative applications developed as a result of innovation and superior technical expertise. We supply customized chemistries for electronics, energy, environmental, food safety, pulp, paper, polymer, and other industrial and consumer markets. Learn more at www.peroxychem.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace.
The Driver Technician is responsible for making deliveries of hydrogen peroxide in a safe, effective and efficient manner to customers as well as diluting the product using a transloading system either on-site or at the transloader. This position will also be responsible for providing a variety of technical and mechanical support on vehicles and on-site at the plant.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements required
- 3+ years’ CDL driving experience
- Excellent driving and MVR record
- Strong knowledge of DOT regulations
- Willingness to drive approximate radius of 200 miles or further on occasion
- Willingness to work off hours
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently in an unsupervised environment
- Strong customer orientation
- Risk and Hazard sensitive
Comprehensive Job Description
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safety standards are met for personal safety, equipment safety, and the safety of others
- Plan timely delivery routes
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as logbook completion, inspections, bills of lading, enter goods issues into SAP system
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Provide mechanical and vehicle troubleshooting such as pump and rotating equipment maintenance, valves and piping, and trailer maintenance
- Complying with the FMCSA and OSHA regulations
- Safely driving a Class A Commercial Vehicle to customer sites
- Safely handling hazardous materials
- Keep in compliance with Corporate Safety and Compliance as well as DOT regulations which includes new regulations on driving hours, electronic logbooks, safety inspections and other factors contributing to good driving record
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.