CDL A Driver
Date: Dec 04, 2018
Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling
Location: Alsip, Illinois
Be home nightly with Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling!
We are committed to growing our business and our people, contributing in the communities in which we operate, and offering a competitive benefits package.
Available benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short term and Long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
Why are we the right fit for you?
We reward and recognize the hard work our teams put into their careers each day. We are proud to be a manufacturer and distributor of the Coca-Cola brand and dedicated to adding value to the Coca-Cola supply chain, providing the best, most-reliable service to our customers and contributing to our community while creating an outstanding work environment for our Corporate and Field team of over 5,000 employees.
In this role, you would be responsible for driving and delivery of pre-ordered product to assigned accounts and for rotating and stocking product.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the minimum state legal age requirements.
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL) and acceptable driving record within MVR policy guidelines.
- At least one year driving experience with a Class A-CDL or equivalent military driving experience.
- A minimum of one year of safe driving experience with some of the experience within the past 12 months in a CMV similar in type to the one they will be operating for the Company.
- Must have one (1) year of work experience in an environment such as distribution center, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock, construction or other positions which require continuous heavy lifting.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- This position must pass a post offer drug test, background check and DOT Physical.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Beverage industry experience.
- Prior customer service experience including solving issues/problems,
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance while kneeling or squatting; reaching above the head; reaching at the waist; bending at the knees.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport equipment such as: pallet jack, hand truck a minimum of 100 yards without assistance.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Truck Driver Jobs in Alsip, IL
- CRST Expedited: Experienced Truck Drivers! 2nd Pay Increase This Year!
- J&R Schugel: CDL-A Dedicated Reefer Truck Driver Jobs
- Hub Group: Intermodal CDL-A Owner Operator | $4,000 Sign On Bonus! [CHI]
- CRST Dedicated Services: Round-Trip Dedicated Runs for Experienced CDL A Truck Drivers!