We are excited to announce that we are now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.
Date: Jan 19, 2019
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky
Dedicated GI Bill OJT Truck Driving Program - DSH Owensboro KY
Date: Jan 19, 2019
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky
So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them.
If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.
In fact we're committed to hiring twelve hundred or more veterans by the year 2020. Nearly 2,000 veterans are already at ease with us and we're always looking to grow that number.
How the On-The-Job Training (OJT) program works:
Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=22-1990&tkey=&Action=Search or call 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
Everyone participating in this program will receive 5 weeks behind the wheel training, the remaining 47 weeks you will work with a mentor & leadership for follow-up training/ communication.
Eligible veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
Eligible to earn up to $1,140 per month tax free using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
Military Student Training Program:
- Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- You will be paid $800/ week for the first 5-weeks of behind the wheel training.
About this dedicated position:
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville.
- Set out for delivery to retail stores located throughout America.
- The average route consists of 5 to 10 delivery stops, with some picking up of return freight at the stores.
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer. These runs typically begin on Sunday morning and end Thursday night, so you can expect weekend home time.
- Current average of 2,450 miles per week.
- You'll also earn $16 per stop (3rd party loads only) made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination) .
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
- Unloading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store delivery.
- Loading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store transfer (DC returns) pickups.
- On average you can earn an additional $100 per trailer from loading/unloading pay.
- Starting pay is .46 cpm; .47 cpm after 6 months; .48 cpm after 12 months; .49 cpm after 2 years -after 5 week training period.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download to assist with communication & convenience.
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Truck Driver Jobs in Owensboro, KY
- Hunt Transportation: Home Bi-Weekly, National OTR Flatbed Truck Driving Job – Owensboro, KY
- Bolt Express: Experienced CDL-A Solo Driver - 1099 Contractor
- Crete Carrier Corporation: National OTR Dry Van Driving Job – Owensboro, KY
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems: LTL Linehaul Owner Operator & Lease Purchase Truck Driver
- Tyson Foods: CDL-A Student Truck Driver Jobs