CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Lake Charles LA
Date: Feb 06, 2019
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Regional drivers at Averitt carry freight across 25 states primarily in Southern, Southwest and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast, but you never have to sacrifice your right to home time every single week. Our CDL-A Regional drivers also enjoy 100% no-touch freight.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay:
- Starting pay .46 cpm
- Average $1,200 per week / $62,000 per year
- Stop, layover, breakdown and detention pay
- Paid orientation
- Weekly home time
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $81.70/week for family plans and $32.05/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with profit sharing that directs a portion of company profits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
- PAID TRAINING!Requires 4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
- We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program.
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
- Must have valid CDL-A and graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility; military driving experience considered)
- Must have previously served in the U.S. military or have a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please call the V.A. at 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
- If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
- You will receive 6 weeks of behind-the-wheel training at $800 per week. During the remaining 46 weeks, you will work with a mentor and leadership for follow-up training and communication.
- Eligible Veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs - not Averitt - usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Regional Truck Driver.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Truck Driver Jobs in Lake Charles, LA
- CRST Expedited: Experienced Truck Drivers! 2nd Pay Increase This Year!
- CRST Dedicated Services: More Miles and More Pay for Experienced Drivers!
- Pegasus Transportation: Class A CDL Team Drivers - Consistent High Miles!
- KLLM: Experienced Class A CDL Team Truck Drivers
- U.S. Xpress: Owner Operator Truck Driver Job - Sign On Bonus Available & Great Benefits!