Western Regional Refrigerated Truck Driving Job – Council Bluffs, IA
Date: Mar 21, 2019
Location: Bluffs, Iowa
Shaffer Trucking is hiring professional truck drivers to join their 21-day, Western Regional Fleet. Drivers will earn top pay and receive industry-leading benefits while running in the Western United States. Apply today.
- Starting Pay: $.51 to $.54 per practical mile, depending on experience
- Annual Pay: Top drivers on this fleet average $70,000 per year
- Days on the road: 21
- Home Time: 1 day off for every 6 out
- Primary Operating Area: West of the Mississippi River
- Fleet Type: Company, Regional
- Job Type: Temperature Controlled
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Top pay certified carrier
- Full benefits
- Health from BCBS of Nebraska, dental, vision, life, and 401K
- Annual profit sharing
- Contributed $10 million towards employee profit sharing in 2018!
- Guaranteed detention pay
- Pet policy
- 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Cruise speed of 65 mph
- Paid orientation
- Industry leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated dispatch 24/7
Crete Carrier Corporation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
- Valid Class A CDL
- TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation.
- Four months verifiable tractor trailer experience for Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking*
- One-year verifiable tractor trailer experience for Hunt Transportation.
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Has a stable, verifiable work history
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
* Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking also accept qualified student drivers who have successfully completed schooling at an approved school.
Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has an over 80-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation’s largest privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionary industry. At Shaffer Trucking, our drivers are our most valuable asset. As a result, we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do with our competition. We take pride in our relationship with our drivers. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Truck Driver Jobs in Bluffs, IA
- Bolt Express: Company Team Drivers Needed
- Hunt Transportation: Dedicated Flatbed Truck Driving Job – Council Bluffs, IA
- Crete Carrier Corporation: National OTR Dry Van Driving Job – Council Bluffs, IA
- Shaffer Trucking: National OTR Refrigerated Truck Driving Job – Council Bluffs, IA
- US Expediters: CDL-A Truck Driver: Solo & Team Owner Operators - Avg $280K