Seeking Owner Operators
Date: Jun 23, 2019
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nationâ€™s leading owner-operator companies. For over 40 years, Mercer has built a family of contractors on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom and experience.
Mercer Transportation is always seeking dependable Owner Operators, as well as over the road drivers for their owner operators, who are interested in building successful careers. We need your skills and your equipment to move our freight.
If you are looking to take a turn for the better, youâ€™ve come to the right place!
Apply online here or call us at (888) 813-7154 today!
Why should you choose Mercer?
Mercer is a 100% owner-operator company. Our contractors drive our success. We value their skill and hard work so we treat them right, with:
- Fuel discount program
- No company trucks to compete with for freight
- No forced dispatch and no up-front sign-on fees
- First in/ first choice
- Open-door policy at the home office
- Valuable safety, revenue and years-of-service credits
- Prompt settlements through our Quick Pay program
- Mercer Coordinator to help with planning and other needs
- Fuel tax filed and paid by Mercer
Mercer offers these contract highlights:
- 75% of gross revenue (excluding 1% insurance surcharge).
- Paid promptly after every trip.
- Mercer does not charge state fuel and mileage taxes, unless trip leased to another carrier
Minimum Requirements for Owner Operators:
- 25 years old. Under certain circumstances, 23 or 24-year-olds may be accepted.
- One year of recent verifiable experience in interstate trucking with six months experience on flatbed. (An additional day of orientation may be required with fewer than six months flatbed experience.)
- Good driving record with respect to accidents and traffic violations.
- Current Commercial Driverâ€™s License (CDL)
- Current D.O.T. long form physical and card.
- Experience in proper preparation of driverâ€™s daily log.
- Ability to speak and read English.
As an Owner Operator, you own your own business—now it is time to own the road. Flatbed or Dry Van, OTR or Regional, Mercer will help you succeed.
Apply online here, or
Call our recruiters at (888) 813-7154 today!
Truck Driver Jobs in Jacksonville, FL
- U.S. Xpress: CDL A Truck Driver - Elite Solo OTR Drivers EARN More!
- Malone Powered by CRST: Flatbed CDL A Truck Drivers - Become an Owner Operator!
- Hunt Transportation: Dedicated Flatbed Truck Driving Job – Jacksonville, FL
- Bolt Express: Company Team Drivers Needed
- Crete Carrier Corporation: National Team Dry Van Driving Job – Jacksonville, FL