Class A Driver/Warehouse Associates Needed
Date: Dec 21, 2019
New Haven Companies
Location: San Fernando, California
Drive a truck or van with a capacity of over or under 26,000 GVW, primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages within a specified area. May load and unload truck. Must have a clear CDL A License.
Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for customer pick up or delivery.
DRIVER JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statement in accordance with regulations.
- Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
WAREHOUSE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS/DUTIES:
- 1. Compares contents and counts, weighs and measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders and other records.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage areas.
- Stack or pile materials such as pads, boxes, etc.
- Reading documents, such as work orders, bill of ladings, and shipping orders.
- To determine units to be moved, gathered, distributed, picked up and/or shipped.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- 8. Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- 9. Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- 10. Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Assist with counting and verifying inventory
- Floater - Can be used in other departments as needed
- Observes and adheres to all safety rules and regulations
- Operate hand truck and pallet jack
- Forklift – Must be able to become certified and maintain certification through an OSHA approved forklift certification program.
A. Training and Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Good grammar, voice and dictation
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and common fractions and decimals.
- Time Management – The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong team player and has a commitment to company values
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Relatively high level of analytical ability to solve complex problems
- High level attention to detail
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Microsoft word and excel
B. Physical Demands
- Sitting 3-7 hrs/day Standing 3 -7 hrs/day
- Walking 3-7 hrs/day Lifting 3-7 hrs/day
- Twisting Moderate 121– 480/day Bending Moderate 121-480/day
- Pushing 3-7 hrs/day Pulling 3-7 hrs/day
- Stretching 3-7 hrs/day Reaching 3-7 hrs/day
- Climbing 3-7 hrs/day
- Weight able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly and 70 lbs periodically throughout the day
C. Visual Acuity
- Vision 20/20 near/far
- Requires minimum color discrimination between red/green, blue/violet
- Moderate depth perception
D. Hearing Ability
- Responds to audible alarms and verbal communication
E. Working Conditions/Environment
- Temp – high 90 F + Low 15-40 F Minimum
- Working with others comprises a major portion of the job.
F. Reaction Time
- Ability to respond quickly to sound, light, picture?
OSH Act: A Class A Driver/Warehouse Associate would not handle any human body fluids, biological agents, laboratory chemicals, or be exposed to hazardous materials such as noise, asbestos, or carcinogens while wearing protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves etc.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be a summary of the main elements of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description in whole or in part at any time or require that other or different tasks be performed when appropriate. (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, technological developments, etc)
Truck Driver Jobs in San Fernando, CA
- System Transportation: Experienced CDL Truck Drivers Earn $60k+ Regional Routes in San Fernando CA
- CRST: CDL A Truck Drivers - Consistent Miles, Pay, Hometime!
- TWT Refrigerated: Now Hiring Experienced CDL Reefer Truck Drivers Earn $59k+ OTR Routes in San Fernando CA
- CRST Expedited: Earn a CDL A and Get Paid to Travel Across the US!