Dedicated/supply chain drivers enjoy the many privileges that come with having consistent customers. Unlike some driver positions, this one gives you a better idea of the number of miles and hours each week holds, which means you'll have a better idea of what to expect in every paycheck. And because you know your customers and their typical freight load, you'll never be surprised or slowed down by unusual shipments.
Date: Mar 10, 2020
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver- DSH
Date: Mar 10, 2020
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay:
- Starting pay .48 cpm
- Top pay .49 cpm reached within 12 months
- Average of 2,450 miles per week
- Average $1,250 per week / $65,000 per year
- Unloading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store delivery
- Loading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store transfer (DC returns) pickups
- On average you can earn an additional $100 per trailer from loading/unloading pay
- Company sponsored per diem program
- Weekly home time
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville
- Deliver to retail stores located throughout America
- Average route consists of 5 to 10 delivery stops, with some picking up of return freight at the stores
- After all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer
- Most runs begin Sunday morning and return sometime on Friday, so you can expect weekend home time
- For runs leaving out Monday (occasionally), will return Friday evening or early Saturday
- Also earn $16 per stop (3rd party loads only) made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination)
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer
- Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver
- During non-peak seasons driverswill work as fill-in or be assigned to another account
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $90.35/week for family plans and $35.30/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing plan allowsyou to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
- PAID TRAINING!4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years or 5 years verifiable experience in the past 10 years
- We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program.
CDL-A Driver GI Bill Program:
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
- Must have previously served in the U.S. military or have a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please call the V.A at 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
- If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
- You will receive 6 weeks of behind-the-wheel training at $800/week. During the remaining 46 weeks you will work with a mentor and leadership for follow-up training and communication.
- Eligible Veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs - not Averitt - usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
Military Student Training Program:
- Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility; military driving experience considered)
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.