Owner Operator Job Listings
When drivers are evaluating their employment options, there are some important factors they should consider while researching available job opportunities. Some factors to consider what company to apply to include:
• Does the driver want local, regional, or OTR work? Some companies hire jobs specific to certain routes. Companies can be eliminated from consideration right away if they don't necessarily suit the driver's wishes in this area.
• How much do they pay per mile? This is really important research. Even a few pennies more per mile can add up very quickly, and amount to a nice sum when added up over the course of a week or a month.
• Where will the driver be driving? An important consideration for many drivers who cannot tolerate certain routes. Consistently driving through major cities, through endless construction zones, on bad or dangerous roadways, among others. These can all bring stress and aggravation to the driver, so much so that the route itself could wind up being a deal-breaker in many instances.
• Does the company offer a signing bonus? This is not so common, but bonuses are out there. It could quite possibly tip the scales in that company's direction if all other factors in consideration pretty-much balance out. A $1000 signing bonus, for example, could be very hard to pass up.
• Is the work consistent? Drivers will really want to research this closely as well. What good is getting great pay per mile, and any additional perks, if work assignments are inconsistent or few and far between?
• Are there driver requirements with the company? Companies may consider applicants age, experience, endorsements, and past driving record (moving violations and DUI's).
• Are there tractor requirements with the company? Some companies have specific criteria set for what the driver brings to the job. These can include a tractor's height, weight, wheelbase, and even age of the tractor.
• What will the company pay for? This is huge. The more the company pays for, the less financial burden on the driver. Some fees companies may cover can include any permits necessary, plates, insurance on the driver's equipment and the load, and reimbursement for toll road expenses.
• Does the company pay for fuel surcharge?
• Does the company provide a trip advancement, and if so, how much is it?
• Does the company provide any medical insurance?
• Can the driver participate in a profit-sharing plan?
• If the driver has a layover, what is the layover pay?
• How much does the driver earn for loading and unloading?
There are, of course, many other factors to consider when an owner operator is looking for a job. But if they can get answers to these questions, then they may be able to 'whittle down' their company application list a bit, and focus on those companies that may suit them the best.
The trucking industry is growing rapidly and new jobs are being created every single day. But not all drivers have the necessary contacts nor resources to find these jobs. That's where we come in. We work with numerous trucking companies and locate the best available owner operator jobs nationwide and list them on our website so it's easy for drivers to find. Companies find drivers, and the owner operators find the companies; it's a win-win situation so long as the job gets filled.
Keep in mind we update this page every day, so if you don't see a position that interests, be sure to check back tomorrow!
Are you in the top third for net income? Owner Operators that partner with Roehl are. With our affordable truck lease program, we provide you the...
Owner Operator Truck Driving Jobs – Colorado Springs, COCrete Carrier CorporationSprings, CO2017-02-22
Tired of unloading freight? Crete Carrier is hiring professional truck drivers to join our Wal Mart fleet out of Cheyenne, Wyoming. Drivers on this...
Seeking Owner OperatorsMercerWilmington, DE2017-02-22
Ranked among the top carriers in the U. S. , Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nation's leading owner operator companies.
This Owner Operator Tanker truck driver business opportunity features earnings of $1. 155 per mile plus fuel surcharge on both loaded and empty...
Owner Operators – We’ve Got the Flatbed Freight!Omni SpecializedAllentown, PA2017-02-22
WE'VE GOT FLATBED FREIGHT! Are you tired of sitting and waiting for your next flatbed load? Have you had enough of the empty promises about that...
Solo Owner Operators | Regional | Home DailyPace Air FreightPlainfield, IN2017-02-22
Runs with Pace Air are generally 400 miles out from the terminal. Join now and find an incredible $1,000 sign on bonus! With headquarters in...
Owner operators in Delaware there's now a better way to make excellent miles, assignments you feel comfortable with and no forced dispatch all the...